Recipes & CookingA few suggestions for cooking your awesome seafood!
Pan Seared Scallops with Brandy Sauce
- Dry the scallops and sit out to room temperature.
- Heat olive oil and butter in skillet, then sear scallops for 2 minutes per side.
- Remove scallops from pan and set aside.
- Caramelize some onions or shallots along with some fresh garlic until browned, then add about a 1/4 cup of brandy. It will sizzle. Then light it on fire. (Watch your hair and don’t burn the house down.) Then, set to medium heat and add about a half pint of heavy cream and a 1/2 cup white wine, stirring constantly until it starts to thicken.
- Add a 1/4 cup of fresh minced parsley along with the scallops and cook an additional minute.
Serve scallops with your favorite side dish. Sautéed or baked vegetables go great with this dish, along with some wine.
*Note: You can also make this dish with my royal red shrimp. Simply peel and de-vein shrimp first.