Recipes & CookingA few suggestions for cooking your awesome seafood!
Peel ‘n Eat Boiled Royal Red Shrimp
Note: Do not attempt to boil more than 1 lb. of shrimp at one time. Higher quantities may yield uneven cooking. Overcooking shrimp beyond the times recommended here may result in a mushy texture. Peeling and de-veining before cooking will not taste as good as samples provided at Farmers Markets by Gulf Coast Eco Seafood.
- Place Royal Red Shrimp in a bowl of water to defrost for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Boil water with salt, crab seasoning , or Old Bay seasoning on high heat.
- When water reaches a rolling boil, add no more than 1 lb. of defrosted shrimp.
- Boil for no more than 2 – 2 ½ minutes in the shell.
- Place shrimp in a bowl of ice and water to stop the cooking process.
- Peel and de-vein.
- Serve with melted butter.
If you prefer to grill or sauté your peeled and de-veined shrimp, use high heat for 1 ½ minutes per side.